WELCOME TO INSIGHT RESORT
A Resort for Sri Lankan way of life
Ahangama is a village in the deep down south of Sri Lanka where a small fishing community is famous for its fishing techniques. Insight, a resort blessed with a beautiful beach frontage offering travelers a get away from the busy township or city life. Traveling time to Insight from the main Bandaranayke International Airport is approximately 2h and 19 minutes. And from the new Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport it also takes approximately 1h and 31 minutes.
We offer a unique opportunity for you to mingle with the local community and understand the culture of our people through integration. Reaching out to the locals and youth is an idea of promoting friendship with our guests whilst preserving the southern Sri Lankan culture. "Insight" beach resort endeavors to offer the concept of an interactive holiday through the product and services on offer. We are a small hotel with 53 rooms. The smiling and friendly team of 86 staff at insight resort is at your personalized service round the clock. Stay at Insight is a range of experiences.
Why we name the resort "INSIGHT"
Is because, our aim is to give you an insight to the southern Sri Lankan way of living through interaction with the local community. However, we will not overlook cautioning of when and where to draw the line.
Different Room Categories
Leisure in our way
Insight Resort provides all services you need.
Regret, due to the current pandemic situation we are not allowed to have any events by the health authorities.
From Colombo/Fort –
- Express Highway bus from Fort to Matara
Departs at 0630, 1100, 1630 and 1830
LKR 500-600 (USD 3-4)
From Bandaranayake International Airport-
- Express Highway bus from Katunayake Airport Bus Station to Matara. LKR 650-750 (USD 4 – 5)
- Take 187 Highway to Colombo/Fort and then Express Highway bus from Fort to Matara.
Take Colombo – Matara journey (scheduled twice a day) Or Colombo to Galle and then take a bus (more frequent)
- 10 - 15 drive to Mirissa
- 10 - 15 drive to Unawatuna
- 5 minutes drive to famous surfing spots. Ahangama, Midigama & Welhengoda
- 10 - 15 minutes to Mirissa Whale & Dolphin Watching
- 10 minutes to Turtle hatchery situated in Habaraduwa
- 20 minutes to Hikkaduwa via Highway
- 30 minutes to Galle Dutch Fort (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- 1 hr 45 minutes to Sinharaja Forest (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- 2 hr 05 minutes to Katharagama Temple
- 2 hrs Yala National Park
- 1 hr 58 minutes Udawalawe National Park
- 1 hr 54 minutes to Hambanthota Birds Park
- 1 hr 28 minutes to Ridiyagama Safari Park