Ahangama is a village in the deep down south of Sri Lanka where a small fishing community is famous for its fishing techniques. Insight, a resort blessed with a beautiful beach frontage offering travelers a get away from the busy township or city life. Traveling time to Insight from the main Bandaranayke International Airport is approximately 2h and 19 minutes. And from the new Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport it also takes approximately 1h and 31 minutes.
We offer a unique opportunity for you to mingle with the local community and understand the culture of our people through integration. Reaching out to the locals and youth is an idea of promoting friendship with our guests whilst preserving the southern Sri Lankan culture. "Insight" beach resort endeavors to offer the concept of an interactive holiday through the product and services on offer. We are a small hotel with 50 rooms. The smiling and friendly team of 86 staff at insight resort is at your personalized service round the clock. Stay at Insight is a range of experiences.
Why we name the resort "INSIGHT"
Is because, our aim is to give you an insight to the southern Sri Lankan way of living through interaction with the local community. However, we will not overlook cautioning of when and where to draw the line.
Different Room Categories
Leisure in our way
• Digital Safe • Air Conditioning • Mini Bar • Hot & Cold Water • Satellite TV • Breakfast included
As per the health protocols, 25% of rooms allocated for in case of emergency quarantine.
• Air Conditioning • Outdoor & Indoor shower areas • Satellite TV • Free Wi-Fi
Not permitted to operate under health protocols.
Insight Resort provides all services you need.
Service levels have come down mainly in the restaurant service due to lack of skilled staff leaving the industry during Covid 19. We are in the process of correcting the situation on the run with regular training of fresh Staff. The situation is to be fully corrected. It will take approximately 6 months from now on.
(THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON QUALITY OF FOOD)
Currently there is an issue with the Dialog telephone tower, servicing the area. As such recommended to make alternative connection.
(THIS DOES NOT APPLY ON INHOUSE WIFI PROVIDED BY THE RESORT)
– 24th of February 2022 –
No upcoming events
From Colombo/Fort –
- Express Highway bus from Fort to Matara
Departs at 0630, 1100, 1630 and 1830
LKR 500-600 (USD 3-4)
From Bandaranayake International Airport-
- Express Highway bus from Katunayake Airport Bus Station to Matara. LKR 650-750 (USD 4 – 5)
- Take 187 Highway to Colombo/Fort and then Express Highway bus from Fort to Matara.
Take Colombo – Matara journey (scheduled twice a day) Or Colombo to Galle and then take a bus (more frequent)
Due to health protocols, these services are not available at the moment.
- 10 - 15 drive to Mirissa
- 10 - 15 drive to Unawatuna
- 5 minutes drive to famous surfing spots. Ahangama, Midigama & Welhengoda
- 10 - 15 minutes to Mirissa Whale & Dolphin Watching
- 10 minutes to Turtle hatchery situated in Habaraduwa
- 30 minutes to Galle Dutch Fort (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- 40 minutes to Hikkaduwa via Highway
- 1 hr 30 minutes to Ridiyagama Safari Park
- 1 hr 40 minutes to Hambanthota Birds Park
- 1 hr 55 minutes Udawalawe National Park
- 2 hrs Yala National Park
- 2 hr 05 minutes to Katharagama Temple
- 2 hr 15 minutes to Sinharaja Forest (UNESCO World Heritage Site)